New pike cichlid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KRAKEN

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just got my new pike cichlid home, and it's a beauty! I'll try to get a better pic

Attachments

• image-1326616065.jpg
    image-1326616065.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 208
I have this pike cichlid, a tiger Oscar, and a jack Dempsey

Attachments

• image-3599647320.jpg
    image-3599647320.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 175
  • image-3997851312.jpg
    image-3997851312.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 176
KRAKEN said:
Yes, no negative comments please:)

I'll assume by your comment that you are already aware of the overstocking issue?

Looks like a lugubris family pike which are both big and nasty. Both the Oscar and pike are prone to HLLE, so I hope you are keeping up with large weekly water changes. What species was this sold as?

Yes, no negative comments please:)

No offense but your oscar already has a massive amount of damage from HLLE and you can clearly see the craters and the lateral line is eroding quickly, all of this can be seen in the reflection of the glass. The pits compared to you last post clearly look like the condition is getting worse, adding that many fish in a small tank deteriorates water conditions quickly and is the reason your oscar looks like he does today.

Last edited by a moderator:
HUKIT said:
No offense but your oscar already has a massive amount of damage from HLLE and you can clearly see the craters and the lateral line is eroding quickly, all of this can be seen in the reflection of the glass. The pits compared to you last post clearly look like the condition is getting worse, adding that many fish in a small tank deteriorates water conditions quickly and is the reason your oscar looks like he does today.

100% Correct about everything stated.

Last edited by a moderator:
I only pose the question, that in previous posts regarding your Oscar, you were clearly advised, and was aware that the tank wasn't big enough for your Oscar long term, and would only really be suitable for a hospital tank, short term.

So why oh why would you put more fish in, especially one that's not really comparable?

You need to re-think if fish keeping is the hobby for you, as it's not about what a fish keeper wants to own in what tank. It's about what conditions are best suited to the fish you can keep in the size tank that is compatible with the one you have.

Man up to your responsibilities not only in getting your Oscar better but providing a big enough tank and suitable tank mates. Else do your fish a favour and pass him/her on to someone who has space.

Also what happened to the 125 I thought you were getting????

I stated the 125 will Come when I get the money, unless you would like to buy it for me:) if not it can wait till christmas..

Well I cross my fingers , for your fishes! And hope that they haven't killed each other or died by then.

garfy said:
If you are wise you will listen to Hukit he has a wealth of experience and could help you a lot if only you would listen.

100%. If i see a post by huckit i am reading it, i could care less about the topic bc i know it is good info. He has always steered me in the right direction.

I stated the 125 will Come when I get the money, unless you would like to buy it for me:) if not it can wait till christmas..

I can understand that you can't upgrade now and are trying to "make due" until you can. However, why would you add a very large Pike and make the problem even worse?

I'd be appalled if my Oscar had HLLE like that because of something I was doing (Overstocking) or not doing (Enough Water Changes).

all you are ever going to get is negative comments when you make posts like this, everyone knows its wrong, you know its wrong. so lets add more fish? sorry, but do you not have common sense? why make the problem worse?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom