New red devil!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oscar98

Aquarium Advice Addict
I got my new red devil today! He/she is pretty awesome.

Attachments

• image-2010785444.jpg
    image-2010785444.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 87
  • image-3237444101.jpg
    image-3237444101.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 92
Thanks. I got him/her from the lfs for $20. In tge tank there was 2 full grown JD and a smaller RD. this one had all three up in on little corner of the tank. I went in a week ago and had them hold him for me. I got him today and hes already eating

Oh I believe it, IMO RD are the most pure aggressive fish out there. (They don't need a mate to be nuts is what I mean.)

Yours is right at that size where it should "snap" as they call it and become a real glass banger.

When I had mine he went crazy at about 5-6" and that's when all the fun with this fish starts. WC's become waaaay more interesting that's for sure.

Good luck with it, at that size it should start bulking up and then hit another growth spurt. Between 6-7" mine added what looked to be another pound just getting thinker and then shot to 10-11" and started to bulk up again.

So im guessing my idea of putting in a couple silver dollars is a no no. Lol.

It's up to you, (well the fish really).

They are such individuals, my rd wouldn't allow anything with him. I tried a bichir, giant danios. Nothing. He simply hated everything and loved to hate.

I'd say try it, if you notice initial aggression towards them, chances are she won't allow them long term. And no sense in dropping another 20-30$ on some fish that are just going to get torn to shreds.

Tankmates will be decided on what size tank she will be residing in, anything 55g and under I'd bet money she will be a single wet pet. So what size tank will she be going into?

I'd say give her a month to get good and settled in, you should have a idea of her personality by then. And try adding the SD's if you really wanted.

I'd go giant danios before SD's but that's because I'm super cheap. Haha. 1$ fish I don't feel bad about being ate, 10$ fish would grind my gears lol.

Back
Top Bottom