New SA/CA Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Roobyyyy rooobyyy rooo! It's gotta be a fluke??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Its a mystery! Shall we call scooby doo and his team?

:lol: I wish it was that easy!!!! 60% pwc done.....yesterday was a 50 to 55%......let's see where I'm at now! I'll let it circ water for alittle bit first....maybe 20 minutes seen as it turns it over 10 times in an hour....everyone keep your fingies crossed or else I'm going to loose the last few hairs I got.

Have you completely disturbed your substrate to get everything possible?

I have mixed feelings about very aggressively cleaning substrate. Yes I stick the vac in and suck all the mess up BUT I don't go overly aggressive on it because I feel that's where some of the BB is held. Not to mention I hosed it all out pretty good with the hose before setting it back up.....I only saved a pound or so in tank water to carry over some BB along with bio media.

:D welllll, not really too sure of how it got that high in 6 days but it did.....maybe there was some nasties left from before.........now it's between 5 and 10ppm. I will be testing tomorrow to see it it crawled up. Thank for everyone who listened to my issues!

Attachments

• 20170203_154458.jpg
    20170203_154458.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 33
Its not often these forums dont have the answers but we're rooting for you hahah

So as of this morning everything was still looking good! The Hikari cichlid gold sinking pellets I ordered showed up today as well so my blue acara can start eating things other than my Oscar's left overs. That was one expensive bag of fish food though seen as no store around here stocks any sinking varieties and I didn't want him to go all weekend without. Sad because I accidentally ordered mini not medium but he didn't seem to mind when he gobbled them up(y)

Attachments

• 20170204_091559.jpg
    20170204_091559.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 27
So I did a 40% pwc today and now I'm darn happy.....I'd think that's either a 5 or just below. Now with testing and weekly tank maintenance hopefully I'm good!!!! Getting some brown algae on my decor but hopefully that goes away on itself.....or when I get my UV lamp in it blasts it...

Attachments

• 20170205_163945.jpg
    20170205_163945.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 33
Holy cow!!! My O is a aggressive little bugger!!! My wife got a video of him attacking my hand when I'm feeding but I just opened the glass top and he came launching at my head!

Oh good ole oscars! They do that all the time! Just make sure to catch him when he jumps all the way out!

Oh good ole oscars! They do that all the time! Just make sure to catch him when he jumps all the way out!

OMG he scared the crap out of me :lol: I was use to him jumping at my hands for food but when he lunged at my head I jumped back and dropped the cover........I don't know how fast I'll be to catch him before he hits the floor but I'll try! If I miss I'll be sure to flop him back into the tank.

Well, we warned you about letting him watch "Jaws" with the family! :lol:

:lol: :lol: I've attached a picture of him just waiting for the top to open....he does this everytime I walk by!

Attachments

• 20170206_154431.jpg
    20170206_154431.jpg
    263.8 KB · Views: 31
Hmmmm.....I'm growing irritated here but maybe somehow I lost my cycle? I just took these test found attached.OR maybe I'm going color blind but I doubt that. The ammonia looks to be around.25 or .50 :banghead:

Attachments

• 20170207_153327.jpg
    20170207_153327.jpg
    252.2 KB · Views: 22
Yah... I wouldn't sweat that.. if you see nitrites than its an issue. How do the seem? They'll let you know if something is off.

Yah... I wouldn't sweat that.. if you see nitrites than its an issue. How do the seem? They'll let you know if something is off.

Ok. My trites are holding at 0. My trates are about the same maybe slightly higher then Sunday which would be expected (my last pwc).
My fish seem to be happy.....swimming all about, looking healthy and the O is begging for food as usual. I'll be honest.....after my tank cycled I NEVER tested my Mbuna tank, just did weekly 50% pwc so now that I'm testing this once every couple days I'll prolly loose my mind a few times when things change :lol:
Thanks for being there to cool me down!

Well I must say......it's nice to finally have the tank to a science. These results ought to lead to a big happy and healthy Oscar :D

Attachments

• 20170208_160334.jpg
    20170208_160334.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 33
Der it go!

Back
Top Bottom