New SA/CA Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a question in feeding my O. Right now I feed my tank Hikari Cichlid Gold......medium floating for the O and mini sinkers for the acara. I would like to add a treat for the O in the way of Krill, blood worms or beef heart. What does everyone use? I seen Krill in a container with the regular fish food or the frozen cubes along with beef heart and blood worms. Once again my O is about 4 to 5 inches right now.

Frozen bloodworms or live Earth worms and crickets

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I can't believe how fast my little guy is growing! I mean I can seen as he gets fed well and gets a 50% pwc twice a week, BUT pretty soon he will be all grown up and all I'll have to remeber my little 4" O by will be pictures! He can be snotty with the 6" Pleco and 3" acara but the acara is fast and had plenty of places to hide :)

Attachments

• 20170213_152717.jpg
    20170213_152717.jpg
    258.4 KB · Views: 41
Ohh how they grow up so fast..
Zoomed on his head, looks great!!

Ohh how they grow up so fast..
Zoomed on his head, looks great!!

Thanks! Ever since my first nitrate issue I've had 0 problems keeping levels in check.....in fact the twice a week is probably overkill but I have the time right now so why not?! I figured he will grow healthy and strong that way :)

Nothing wrong with that imo

My O grew the same sorta way. I bought him super tiny, next i knew he was 13.5" hahaha fun stuff

Just a updated photo of my fast growing not so little anymore guy!

Attachments

• 20170219_200449.jpg
    20170219_200449.jpg
    261.2 KB · Views: 43
Great thread, thanks for sharing. Your Oscar is the star of the show, he looks like he's got personality. He's grown since you started this! Ha. Keep posting pics.
:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom