Newbie Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Don Ho

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 120 gal tank that is well established. I have:
2 needle fish (bout 6 or 7 inches long)
1 dragon(also bout 7 inches long)
2 bala shark (4")
2 of a Black/yellow striped fish(sorry dont know the name),(4")

and 4 small catfish.

I like the looks of the bigger ciclids and was thinking of putting a couple in the tank. I dont trust the local stores expertise so I am asking you guys.

Would all my other fish disapper (ie eatened) if I did this? Could the Needle and the dragon survive?

Thanks

Do you have any particular cichild in mind? Usually if something fits in their mouth it is on the menu. Some are very aggressive so it is important to know. Is the black and yellow striped fish a pencil fish?

I saw a couple at the local store and cant remember their names. The Black and yellow fish are Black Banded Leporinus.

I don't really know much about any of the fish you do have since I haven't kept any of them. From what I have read the dragon must be Gobioides broussonnetii. The needle fish must be Xenontodon cancila. Most cichlids usually swim in the lower 1/2 of the tank where your dragon, balas and Black Banded Leporinus.would be which means you probably would have a problem. You might try to find some fish that are in the upper part of the tank your needle fish won't eat.

Back
Top Bottom