Newbie question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bl80

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have 8 1-1.5 inch cichlids that will be here tomorrow. ( 4 electric yellow (3f - 1 m) and 4 aurora ( 3-1 ratio as well) I currently have 3 55 gal set up, I have thinned one out of most my tropicals and the rest will go into the other 2 tanks ( or smaller ones I also have) I chose this tank bc it gas always gad a bit higher ph and the fish never minded as they're all thriving ( and breeding) i have had tropicals for about 20 years and over the last 1.5 have gone to the larger tanks and live them. I have a 150 to hopefully set up this spring. ANYWAY... It was suggested I set up my 20 gal till these get a lil bigger instead if putting them into their own 55 gal. So I have, setting up with water and substrate from the 55, and a filter off another tank. What are your suggestions????

Read your post and good luck with the tanks and the new fish but I don't think I'm cut out to give someone with 20 years fish keeping experience advice. Hope all goes well

I've had basic tropicals for 20 yrs. Nothing great. Just Smaller tanks. Cichlids are a new move for me. I was told bc of their small size to let them grow more before putting them in a 55. Thought I'd ask ppl here for opinions. Thx, I think I'll go with the 55 gal.

Yes go with the 55 I've been keeping cichlids for who knows how many years. I have a cichlid fish room and a 120 with about 150 cichlids in it and its the best thing to look at when I'm bored. But anyways a 20 gallon would just be a waste of your time. But it would make a great tank for breeding your yellow labs. Check out my tanks on youtube and see what a 125 gallon tank looks like full of cichlids
http://www.youtube.com/user/cichlidmania26

Back
Top Bottom