Newer Cichlid holding?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Burgo345

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a Yellow Fin Mbamba that I got a little over a month ago its prob around 2.5 Inches currently and in the last couple days it has been at the bottom of the tank hiding and not coming up for food and it looks like its chewing bubblegum is it possible that a Cichlid that size could be holding already? Seems to be acting totally normal other than the last couple days.

Looks like it, congrats :) my labs started breeding right under 2". When they are this small though you should only expect a couple fry.

Yea she's tumbling the eggs do they don't rot. Is that a demasoni? Hard to tell with the shadow of the cave.

Yeah sorry for the bad picture its the best I could get with where she is hiding!! She is a Yellow Fin Mbamba very nice looking cichlid. I have a 10 gallon tank set up as a hospital tank should I put her in it so the fry have a chance?

Burgo345 said:
Yeah sorry for the bad picture its the best I could get with where she is hiding!! She is a Yellow Fin Mbamba very nice looking cichlid. I have a 10 gallon tank set up as a hospital tank should I put her in it so the fry have a chance?

I leave mine in the DT... Let nature take its course, cause given ideal conditions they will be holding a couple weeks if not sooner after dropping her last batch. Before you know it you have more fry then you know what to do with lol

Back
Top Bottom