nimbochromis livingstonii

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Will58

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 160 liter tank with whats meant to be 1 male and 4 female Afra cobues there isn't allot of rocks or hiding places in there just some weed and a few rocks(hoping to change that soon) how is this species to breed and is the tank good enough?

Just got 4 Afra cobues can anyone give me some information and things about them as i dont know much.also do the dots on the anal fin mean anything thx

What are nimbochromis livingstonii like to keep and how are they with other fish?

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Last edited by a moderator:
They get big, best kept 1 to a tank, and they can be quite aggressive but as with other fish people will have different experience depending on different set ups.

They are large and predatory. Any fish you kept with them would need to be fairly large and would still be hit or miss based on the individual.

They also need a large tank.

Is a 165L tank good enough for a pair?

It depends on the dimensions but you would want a tank about twice that size or bigger.

This species is best known for playing dead to ambush small fish that it feeds on.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Cool thanks

Back
Top Bottom