NW 75 g stock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cgthebeast

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I'm going to be moving soon an I finally got the okay to put a larger tank in the basement. It's going to be a 75 and I would like to have a large NW for a center piece but I don't like the oscars high bioload though. I can supply high filtration if it comes down to it. No mass murders either, they need to be able to get along with a school of 5-6 silver dollars if possible. I'm a total newbie at cichlids but have done and will continue with research. Don't suggest Africans, I prefer NWs and my ph is 7.5 naturally.

I'd look into something in the Herichthys genus such as labridens or turquoise sp.

27198-albums10983-picture47496.jpg

I don't see how a 17-18" male fits in a 75G tank, not to mention the with a flick or two of their tails will break a 75.

Thats how my 3" synspilium fights my con. It doesnt start any fights but it puts a hurtin on it with its tail.

Also, hukit, if she finds a calmed down female festae wouldnt that work? Just a suggestion :)

Alright, thanks. After doing some research, I'm really leaning towards a Herichthys Labridens. Would a male or female be better?

Would a herotilapia multispinosa, angelfish, or keyhole cichlid would be ok.

I already own an angel so yay for experience with that one. It's silver dollar size now though. I've had smaller fish for awhile an now wanting a larger fish an also to get into NWs so since, why not? Haha

Back
Top Bottom