Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Cichlid Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-05-2009, 01:39 PM   #1
kee
Aquarium Advice Regular

OB Peacock Behavior Question

Hi there. I have kept cichlids before (for over 10 years and they were Oscars) This is my first time keeping Africans though.. I currently have four peacocks in my 60 gallon tank. I have had the tank up and running over a month, checked all the levels etc using the tests and all is good. The fish have been in the tank almost a week and I notice that there is one who seems to like to just 'rest' at the bottom of the tank, in the sand.. Always the same spot.. Is this normal? The fish doesn't appear to be stressed or anything- in fact it seems 'comfy' lol. But at night, they're all active. In the day- they hide in the rocks 99% of the time, and the one that I mentioned- seems to like to lay in the sand- upright not on its side or anything.. Is this normal??

kee

Tags
behavior, peacock

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com