OB peacock cichlid pregnant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stephen12

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am new to Africans peacock and I have a single OB and think she might have eggs in her mouth. She has not open her mouth in a couple days and her mouth looks really full. I was wondering if there is any way to tell for sure, and if so what do I need to do to protect the babies once released.

What else is in tank ? You need to provide more information to get a decent response.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It a tank of peacock cichlids, 2 male yellow benga and 2 male German reds. I have a couple others but they are still really young and do not have their colors yet. I got them all from a local breeder so I am not sure what they are all yet. They are in a 55 gallon. Thanks, I hope that helps.

If you think she's holding you need to put her in a tank by herself so the fry will not be eaten by the other fish. She will also become weak because she won't eat for a couple to a few weeks and once she starts eating again it will be safe after about a week of taking food again to put her back in the community tank.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392446256.772078.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392446362.400320.jpg

She been hiding at the back of the tank most of the time, and the only camera I got is my phone. So I hope that helps.

Yea, it seemed strange to since there was no other OB's in the tank, but after some of the reading I have done it seem very possible. I do not have another tank to put her in, i do have some of those floating baskets though. Would you recommend putting her in one of those for the time being?

Back
Top Bottom