odd behavior

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

daveho

Aquarium Advice Freak
hey guys today i saw my blue rams pull up next to each other then in short bursts move around each other in a circle, then the female would slowly swim off with the male behind. and there was some half harted lip locking.
breeding behavior or sizing each other up?

I don't know about rams but with Africans it would be fighting. Normally if you don't find a way to get them to stop it would eventually come to death for one.

thanks for the reply, i guess rams must be diffrent, they seem to shair the chaising and its very half harted

daveho said:
thanks for the reply, i guess rams must be diffrent, they seem to shair the chaising and its very half harted

They share aswell but for me one always ends up dead and ate after time. Not sure if its stress or one kills the other but it happens.

thats not what i wanted to hear. its ok by the looks they are to busy eating to be concerned with each other at the moment i just cant imagin there would be an agro issue as there are only 2 pair in a 55g and they are just over an inch and a half long

My green terrors did that for a little bit, then one day they just stopped. No one was harmed. It could be fighting, or just playing.......just let it play out and if it gets worse, separate them for a little bit

Back
Top Bottom