Opinion on Gold Rams?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hmmm... I've heard they are more sensative and *can* be less colorful than the Blue Rams, but I don't have any personal experience with them. I prefer the Blues (asthetically, no other reason) over the Golds. I suggest doing a google search on them for more information.

Gold rams are just a colour variety of German blues. Basically the same fish.

HTH! :wink:

From what I've read, the color morph of the gold's make them a "weaker" strain than even the German Blues. If you have an aversion to German Blues, Bolivians are slightly hardier although they lack color for the most part.

From what I've read, the Gold Rams can be shy and territorial... I had a neighbor who had some problems adding them to their tank.

I haven't had any problems with mine, and I've had them for almost 6 weeks now. They are really beautiful fish. So far, they haven't harrassed any of their tankmates and they've pretty much just kept to themselves. If you really like them and you have an established tank for them, I would say go for it. Just be sure to not add them to a new setup, as they would probably not fare too well. :D

Back
Top Bottom