Oscar 70 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sidman24

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just got a steal on a 70 gallon tank! So I bought it! I've always wanted an oscar but I know they can be aggressive. So I was wondering what my options are for a 70 gallon with an oscar. How many more fish could I get. Also, what do oscars eat? I don't wanna feed them anything too complicated.

Oscars work best with other oscars of equal size. They will eat anything from fish food to skittles... but dont feed them that.

Well I was wanted more of a community tank, but if that's not possible I won't get an oscar. All is good :)

From what I have seen they will eat anything smaller then them and are territorial. Getting almost any equal sized fish may work.

Either Texas, salvini, black belt or large pleco

One of these plus a Astronotus ocellatus in a 70g tank? That's a recipe for disease, aggression, and ultimately dead fish. The ocellatus is pusing the water quality in a 70g tank alone not to mention to the additional bio-load and or aggression of one the mentioned cichlids( pleco as well).

Just one oscar and thats it and thats also assuming you have enough filtration because they are dirty.

Back
Top Bottom