Oscar tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

balisong235

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey guys. I'm kinda new here but need help with my new tank I'm setting up for my oscar. He is a tiger oscar and getting alittle to big for his 40 gallon and I'm moveing him up to a new 55 gallon but I'm not sure weather I should put sand or gravel in the bottom and what plants I should add if any. I am also adding a needle nose gar and 3 silver dollars to the tank. Anyone have any advise for me? That would be great :thanks:

This is some advice. You need a bigger tank! Don't go for a 55 I would recommend a 90-125 gallon tank considering all the extra fish you want. And to answer your other question either sand or gravel is sufficient for an oscar. Hope this helps! Good luck!

Brian

I am upgrading to a bigger one later its just for about a year or so he's only around 4 inches now and the silver dollars are about 3

Ok...maybe ill move him sooner...I have a 75 gallon he will be alone in when he gets that big...so thanks

I recommend sand. Oscars are very messy and sand is easier to vacuum. Plus they like to dig in it, a lot.

Back
Top Bottom