Oscar tank decor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

harborlily

Aquarium Advice Regular
Can you give me ideas on decorating my oscar's new 55 gallon? She's a baby (only 2 inches), and this will be her home for a year until I go bigger.

I know the no sharp edges rule. I was thinking black sand. I was also thinking pennywort and wisteria (high nitrates in tap and this helps a lot) and the plants are cheap here so I don't care if she tears them up. But I'm at a loss on decor! Rocks? Wood? PVC?

29 gallon community tank with mollies and corys
10 gallon temporary tank for a sick baby Oscar named Audrey

Pretty much everything in there could potentially get flung at the glass, rocks should be heavy enough a 12" oscar can't move them easily, plants will.most likely get trashed so floaters and tied off to dw would be best.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

So I need to treat it like a padded cell basically?

Kind of, may get a chill Lil beaster, may get a hulk that wants out..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Right now she seems very placid. But also she's only an inch and a half too lol

How bout a rubber ducky?

Seriously, you can probably put a piece of driftwood for now that won't be a threat to your aquarium.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

How bout a rubber ducky?

Seriously, you can probably put a piece of driftwood for now that won't be a threat to your aquarium.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Actually I don't think a small rubber ducky is a bad idea. I have seen videos of Oscars playing with ping pong balls.

Sent from my EVO using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I was considering a ping pong ball for her now. She's very playful

Just be careful because oscars are jumpers , when mine was smaller he found a spot to sit and I'm assuming he saw a fly or what not and jumped out a " knock out " for a filter ... Luckily I was home and seen him breaking out ... Lol .. I call him Clifford , he is always in to everything

125gal Oscar ( soon to swap with 75gal ) , 55gal African Cichlids , 75gal waiting for oscar , 10gal ???, 56gal soon to be a planted angel tank

Back
Top Bottom