Oscar Veil Tale (LongTale Oscar)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

harshsoni77

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi Guys,

I need your help urgently, I have a Veil Tale Oscar Fish, My parrot has beaten him and ate all his Tale & fins, As you can see in the picture the entire tale and fins is eaten by Parrot fish, I have now put my oscar in the other tank alone. What medicine should i put to cure him? And Please tell me if the Tale & Fins will grow back again???

Attachments

• oscar clearrr.jpg
    oscar clearrr.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 28
  • oscarrr.JPG
    oscarrr.JPG
    19.1 KB · Views: 25
  • GIFFF.jpg
    GIFFF.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 26
Did this all happen in one day?

Having an attack that severe can cause shock and having basically perfect water parameters is key for helping him heal and not have to deal with any other stresses.

Probably I do not have the exact answers, not as much experience with Cichlids.

You may need to add an amount of salt to the tank for his fins.

You may want to consider using Epsom Salts to help him heal as well.

more info here
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f17/using-epsom-salt-in-fish-therapy-374191.html

I would think that medication might be needed. But also medication is hard on fish and can cause additional stress, at a time when stress could be detrimental to his health.

To some degree the fins should continue to grow if not infected. And they may not look at all the same as before.

Also if you can keep the light off for the most part, and if you can add some places to hide like stem plants or artificial plants in areas he seems to want to be.

Keep the uneaten food vac'ed off the floor of the tank, hoping it is bare bottom to keep it as clean as possible.

Yes, This happened in a Day, Now i have kept the oscar alone into different tank but he is just sitting down as his one side swimming fin is eaten by Parrot. so he is not able to swim properly by the remaining one fin left. I just hope he becomes fine as i have added medicines and kept it for a week treatment.

Back
Top Bottom