Oscars help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Buckshot41

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have 3 small Oscars in my little tank right now, it's about 15g! I just put up my 110g tank the other day, do y'all think I can put them in the big tank now? I've had them in the past but can remember how durable they are! Thanks

3 may be a stretch.. I'm pretty sure each oscar requires atleast 55 gallons. You're going to need some serious filtration, you're thinking if a sump?

3 small Oscars outgrow a 15 gallon very quickly. Some would say that is already not OK. If the 110 is cycled I would switch them over.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yea I all ready have sump and a wet/dry filter running!

Yea I all ready have a sump and Wet/Dry filter running!!

I'd say get em in there and see how it goes.. What's your turnover rate? Any power heads or circ fans?

I have two pumps running! One is a 740gh and the other 300gh! And I have two 1,000 wave makers moving water! It's only be up for a day or so!!

Thanks man! Had many saltwater tanks in the past! First freshwater tank I've had in awhile, had many Oscars in the past love those little guys lol! So do you think I can put them in the big tank now? Thanks

The tank will have to cycle. Most recommend fishless cycling but it will begin when you put your Oscars in. My fish in cycles usually take around a month for nitrates trites and ammonia to quit spiking and hang at 0 ppm. If you need more info on cycling Google it. Good luck!

You can fish in cycle but it will require daily teasing and wc, in a 110 you could be changing 60 gallons a day:/

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396195260.125746.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396195270.494308.jpg

I have top off the tank right now!!ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396195333.039940.jpg

Here's the little tank lol

That 15 could go south fast with that big oscar and a Pleco, picture of Pleco??

If the 15 isn't cycled then definitely get them in the big tank now. Better on the fish to go through a cycle in a 110 gallons than 15. That one is Oscar is big. The 15 will be polluted very fast.

Thanks man! I'll take them out of the little tank and put them in the big tank! I don't want them to die, but I didn't spend that much on them only like $25! I new I you had to cycle saltwater had many of them, I don't think I ever cycle my fresh but it's been a long time sense I had a fresh!!.

Back
Top Bottom