Oscar's New Home :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Number1cookie

Aquarium Advice Activist
Well, Oscar has a new home now, 72 gallon bow front. (his last tank was a 37 gallon that he had out grown). Thanks to mfdrookie516 for the AWESOME tank. We are looking for some nice driftwood and rocks now to make it a little more "homey" for him lol. But that will come in baby steps since we have 4 tanks currently up and running now with two more in the works (addicts here lol)

As you can see from the pics he has already pulled the fake plants out, moved all the shells and is now in the process of burying them in the sand!!!

He is very happy to have the extra room now. He is very happy to have the extra space to swim. If you check our other pics, hubby finally got rid of the "clown puke" rocks (read someone else call it that on here and I giggle every time I think about it). We used PFS, washed it forever and we love it. It's fun to watch him spit the sand at the walls lol.

Attachments

• image-3839739148.jpg
    image-3839739148.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 128
  • image-3166217474.jpg
    image-3166217474.jpg
    211 KB · Views: 134
Thanks :) here is a whole room pic, this is before we got the new lights for it so the tank looks funny lol

Attachments

• image-1485132641.jpg
    image-1485132641.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 141
That is super cool! I would love to have an Oscar! How long did it take him to outgrow the first tank?

Congrats on the new tank, the Oscar should live a comfortable 12-20 years there. But my question is did MFDRookie build a mini-bar in that canopy, it's huge?

When we got him he was about two inches long at the most and we have had him for a year and one month ago. He needed a bigger tank probably about three months ago.

The canopy is huge lol. The front lifts up and there is a small door on the right hand side so we have easy access all around. There is a smaller canopy with it but the big one just looks awesome and makes the tank the center focus of that wholes all.

Well, was hoping the driftwood would eventually get waterlogged lol. The Oscar did NOT like it floating at the top so hubby finally Gould a good use for my crystal candlesticks lmao!!!!

He is a lot happier now without that dw hanging over his head lol

Attachments

• image-674954437.jpg
    image-674954437.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 73
  • image-1043950607.jpg
    image-1043950607.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 74
Back
Top Bottom