Out with old in with new (tank)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CoronaBlue

Aquarium Advice Freak
Bought a 125 gallon over the weekend and just finished setting it up. Moved my Ciclids from the 55 gal over this morning and now the tank is so bare. Guess it's time to go fish shopping. I'll post a few photos but the lights that came with tank are really bad, I'm going today to buy some new bulbs which is why I'm posting for some suggestions.

What would be a good bulb to put in as a replacement? I have 2 20" housing units so think the bulbs are 18"

Also I'll be looking for some ciclid suggestions once I see what the stores have in stock. I only have 2 LFS (non chain stores) so they only get new stock in every other week.

Here is the old tank
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1415036134.935939.jpg

New tank
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1415036154.535619.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1415036166.225027.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1415036182.190929.jpg

Don't mind the bio wheels in last picture. I threw them in since the Penquin filter wouldn't fit on back so going to leave them in a few days to help tank get rolling.

Very nice.

Changing the bulbs out on those fixtures isn't going to help much. You could try retrofitting them but it would probably be cheaper just replace them.

Two 18" bulbs isn't going to get it done on a 6ft tank.

Very nice new tank. Sleek.
Is the background black? Or is it just see through and dark behind? I can't tell.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It's black. Once I get better lighting you will be able to see better. I bought a LED light today. If it works I'll buy another one to cover other side. Didn't want to spend another $65 bucks until I know it will look good.

Back
Top Bottom