Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Cichlid Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-01-2017, 04:58 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Pairs of Blue Rams and Silver Angelfish Spawning in the same tank

Now I'm on the horns of a dilemma. I have a pair of silver angelfish that are spawning right now; I really didn't think they were mature enough. Plus I have a pair of blue rams that spawned in the same tank last week. I have no room to set up another tank to move either pair. Both pairs are defending their own spots, but not interfering with each other. Other residents are keeping a respectful distance. The Tank is a mostly S. American community tank with these two pairs, a school of bloodfin tetras, Sterbae corys, Banded plecostomus, and otocinclus plus a few swordtails for some color.

I clearly was not expecting this much activity this soon. I have only one other tank of ant size set up, but with Asian species. My two 20-gallon tanks are currently occupied by adolescent tortoises until the weather warms up this coming spring. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Old 03-02-2017, 07:36 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

If your tank is large enough to accommodate both breeding pairs without conflict; if their territories don't overlap; if they seem to respect and stay out of each other's territories; I say, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
If you plan to keep any of the fry, however, you'll need to make arrangements for them quickly. Maybe a couple of fry nets until you get one of your smaller tanks freed up to use as a fry tank.

Tags
air, angel, angelfish, blue, blue ram, blue rams, fish, pair, ram, rams, spawn, spawning, tan, tank

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com