Paratilapia bleekeri

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SeriousDude5

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello, I had a Paratilapia bleekeri in my tank for a year with no problems then suddenly he became VERY teritoral and began beating up my oscar and two tin foil barbs. I imediatly removed him from the tank, with the oscar near death (he seems to be recovering.) Anyways I couldn't bring myself to give him up because he is a handsome fish, and they come around once in a bluemoon around these parts. He was in a 90gallon, but since I have moved him to a 20gallon. I know this isn't large enough for him, but I was wondering, what size tank would be sufficant for him alone? At the moment he is about four inches in length. Also to avoid cycling I threw the HOB filter on the 20 added his teritorial cave, used 1/2 the 90 gallon water the other 10gal was fresh, and mixed half new w/ half old gravel! Well I think I covered everything, let me know! I know hes not happy with the 20gallon, but he was jepordizing my other fish! I also considered a divider, but that just screams TACKY in my book.

Back
Top Bottom