Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Cichlid Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-04-2012, 12:35 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Parrot fish trouble

I just started the hobby of keeping fish I have a 45 gallon aquarium. I have cycled the tank. I now have 6 tiger barbs, 2 gouramis (green and blue) and my one blood parrot. She is about 2 inches. I purchased another blood parrot for her a quickly regreted it she terrorized the poor fish! I took the fish back then added the gouramis and she acts like they aren't even there. right after I got rid if the other parrot she developed black spots. Now her fun goofy personality has changed. She continuously hides and I never see her. What could be wrong? I had the water tested and its fine.

Old 01-04-2012, 12:45 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

I have a blood parrot too, I don't know about black spots. I do know that mine has moments of what I call mood swings too. Right now it's coming into it's mature color. So it still has some of it's black stripes but in places the orange/pink is coming through. Could the black spots you're seeing just be that? Areas where it's color has or hasn't come through yet? As for the hiding and what not it could be just adjusting to being the solo parrot and trying to establish where it fits within the community now that it's on it's own? I'd give it some time. Is it still eating? If you sit by the tank quietly within sight for long periods will it come out at all?

Old 01-04-2012, 12:49 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

Well I did some research and for something on stress spots with bods paris and I'm wondering if that's what it is. Would you suggest getting another parrot fish again? should it be a certain gender?
Old 01-04-2012, 12:49 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

You have 2 threads about this -_- mine has a black streak near its dorsal fin but it's fine.
30G- S. and C. America tank
Fishie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 12:50 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Regular

Lol I know I just downloaded this app do I'm still getting used to it. I thought the first one got deleted.
Old 01-04-2012, 12:52 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kades
Lol I know I just downloaded this app do I'm still getting used to it. I thought the first one got deleted.
Oh ok just wanted to tell other people who commented on this because you got more info on the other one + more comments.
Old 01-04-2012, 12:53 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

I didn't see the other one until after I posted sorry my bad :-(
Old 01-04-2012, 12:55 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mlani
I didn't see the other one until after I posted sorry my bad :-(
It's not your fault! Using app so I can't give URL. Other one still not resolved but just more info.

Tags
parrot, parrot fish, trouble

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com