Peacock experiment?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

squirrilah fish

Aquarium Advice Addict
It's a difficulty getting the peacocks in an all male tank to all color up. Mostly I try to be patient, I get to see everyone's true colors, mostly.

For the ones I don't, I know a lot of it is they are still growing, and can't compete with the more flamboyant breeds, but I had an idea for an experiment. I wanted to ask if this is valid, or a waste of time. If if is successful, I don't expect it too last, but it would just be an opportunity to see some of these sub dominant males colors.

It's pretty simple, I take 2-3 subdominant species, and put them in their own tank for a few days to weeks and see if one takes the dominant spot and colors up. Would this work?

I think the logic is there, but I am still learning. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

In my opinion this would work But I have no experience with Africans. Just going by what I have heard that if you remove a dominate fish another one will take its place. I'm following to see what your results are.

It will be a while, the tank I will use for this is growing out chiwindis ATM, but they should be ready to move into gen pop in a few weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom