Peacock not eating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bmarine

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My aulon. Usisya hasnt eaten in about 4-5 days. He used to be in my 125 gallon, but was picked on a little, so i moved him to my 29 gallon hospital tank. He looks fine, just acts a little skittish. I've tried feeding NLS, Cobalt Flakes, and Dainichi. He picked at the Dainichi and flakes, but spit it out. Im pretty nervous because he's my prize F1 breeder! What should i do??
Here's the catch. Unfortunately, im leaving on a trip early tomorrow morning, so im not able to do anything for a week. but i have my dad taking care of my tanks, so he may be able to do something. Any ideas? Different foods? Something to dose?

Isolate him in the hospital tank, and treat w/Metro+ for 3-5 days.. During the process discontinue feeding and keep the lights off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You need to do this asap or he'll be gone by the time you get back from your trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fish can go like 2 weeks without eating, typically not eating+hiding a lot=malawi bloat. Which is caused by internal parasites, or sometimes a virus.

The danger here is that it can damage their internal organs, especially kidneys, and they will die. They become emancipated and die.

I would act fast, and read up on malawi bloat. API general cure and an Epsom salt bath are recommended treatments.

I

Back
Top Bottom