Peas good for blood parrot cichlid?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smileyface9

Aquarium Advice Freak
I read on the internet somewhere that peas are good for parrot cichlids, because they help them with their swim blatter problem. Is this true and if it is true do i have to cook it and how would i have to present it to them? Thanks <3

I do not know about the swim bladder aspect, but peas are good for most fish because they aid in digestion. It easier for the fish to eat if you blanch them (cook them and then dunk them in cold water). :)

Why do you think your parrot has swim bladder.....

How often are you feeding? I feed mine every other day. You might cut back on food.

0_o don't make acuzations so quickly... i don't know if they have it. I was just doing research and read that it runs in blood parrots. I don't over feed them. I know how to take care of a fish. I've been doing this since i was 10.

Thanks :) is there anything else that can help with their swim blatter problem?

I read this ^...... you indicated that the fish had a swim bladder problem, not me.

Whether you've been doing this for 10 minutes, 10 years or 110 years, it doesn't mean you're doing it right...... ;)

You did make it sounds like your fish had a swim bladder problem. Misunderstandings can happen when we type instead of talk. Lynda's advice is actually quite good IMO. Because of the bp's potential for swim bladder issues, they are a fish who does better being fed fewer times. Also, I have had sinking pellets recommended to me for fish who are prone to swim bladder issues so they don't gulp too much air. Peas definitely are good for them in their diet and a balanced, varied diet should help issues like swim bladder at bay.

Back
Top Bottom