Phew, and now they have room again!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

coldmachineUK

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'd been putting off moving all my juvenile msobo magunga from the adult tank for a really long time. With setting up the new community tank in the same room I thought, 'best kill two birds with one stone' so took the plunge!

I had to take out nearly half the rockwork, and it took about two hours but got there in the end! Little cheeky things!
I've taken out eight so far which are 1-2". Leaving the very small ones in there still to grow a little more before I stress them with a move.

Phew! The adults were very annoying during the whole process and kept swimming into my waiting nets (along with this little cute baby who I didn't want to catch either: it was almost like he was saying "take me! take me!").

Funny things!

The eight are now happily enjoying a 20G with the same params which I've acclimatised them to, until I ship them off to a retailer in the south. Bizarrely they're schooling together quite closely. It's like a daisy chain of mbuna moving around the tank! They love the filter bubbles too. I guess they don't act all 'cool' when they're little!

They school closely like that until they get comfortable with their suroundings. Then they will start acting like mbuna. :)

Back
Top Bottom