Pimp's done it again!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

Ok my krib male {A.K.A. pimp } and his grilfriend this week Tuesday {A.K.A. female #1 } have out done there self with this fry. I lost count at 166 and on a forth count at 201. This is Tuesdays 3rd fry and she just brought them out for a swim around the cave yesterday evening. I seen the eggs in the cave and know this was going to be large fry.
But I didn't thank this big. When she brought them out it took her 15mins to get them all out of the cave. Then while she was getting them out of the cave. PImp the male was going over to Wedsday { female #2 } and Thrusday { female # 3 } an doing his little spawning thing with those two or at least wedsday cause Thrusday wasn't having any of him. Not til today sometime I'd thank. The last female Friday { female # 4 } was with Monday and the fry waitting on Pimp to get back so they could do the swim around the cave thing.
LOL I sware people I'm not kiding. This is there little thing one with fry, one or two spawning. LOL There so cool to whatch if one of the females gets to close to the cave while the others in there with her eggs or wigglers Pimp goes after her and puts her in her place and the female goes and gets in the other cave on the other end of the tank.
It's so freaking cool, Now you know why he's called Pimp and his girls are named days of the week. LOL LMAO
Here's the new fry picture notice there every wherein a couple of the pictures.
ee468ef4.jpg

ee468ee5.jpg

ee468ee3.jpg

Now some close ups of the little guys and gals.
ee468eeb.jpg

ee468ef2.jpg

here's my faverit shot of them { Maybe even a POTM shot LOL }
ee468ed9.jpg

Monday and all the Monday Jr's and Jr'ets
ee468f01.jpg

Hope they keep this up, I love to set and whatch them do there thing and it's great. Plus KRIBS FOR SELL!!!!!! Cheap to AA menbers. LOL I'm at 400+ ranging from 10 days old to 2 months. 6 frys in 63 days. Go figure that { Get'ur done } I'm to funny!

Stunning krib!

Congratulations!!!

Really, REALLY nice pictures of the fry, too! Fry are terrifically hard to photograph, but you did an amazing job. :D

What a gorgeous rainbow of colors weasel f.
Are these peaceful fish or are they aggressive like cichlids? They would complement my dragon fishes silver and purple blues perfectly. Theyd need their own seperate tank of course lined up right next to the dragons's. Maybe I can get an extra huge 125 gal and put up a glass seperator and make a giant split tank. I've got the room for it, I dont need a couch anyway. :p

Not sure how big your dragonfish are, but Kribs are cichlids, and can definitely hold their own. They aren't the cuddly little fish you might think. But they aren't like some of the more aggressive cichlids either. Kind of a borderline community/aggressive.

What is the exact name of those fish? They are absolutly beautiful!!! I am going to be getting a 55 gallon, can any number of them be kept in a tank that size? I would love to have just a pair in there. What kind of fish are they compatable with? They are just great, you must be so proud!

Kribs are like Blue sys. But when not with fry can be a really peacful fish. Pimp will jump out of the tank into my hand to eat. When I let him. Wedsday will eat from my finger tips. when i frist got my kribs I wasn't to impressed with them. Then about 4 months ago I started noticing how you can train them like a dolphaine nd fell head over hills for them.
When with fry they can and these do take over 1/2 the bottom of the tank,keeping everything at bay from the fry. They IMO are the best parents out there. They have super parenting skills and will always keep fry in a closed group not allowing anything to get close re around the fry. Again they re super little fish and not to aggrassive anles with fry. One more thing if you've ever wanted to see a fish swimming with there fry and rounding there fry up keeping them close and see the parents teaching there young the in's and out's of the tank this is your fish and when in spawning colors beautiful colors bright purple belly bright yellow fins with black dots on them and orange in the face. Ye this is your fish. I have 200 around a half inche in size can sex most of them. For sell 5 for $10 or 10 for $18

cappieBridget said:
What is the exact name of those fish? They are absolutly beautiful!!! I am going to be getting a 55 gallon, can any number of them be kept in a tank that size? I would love to have just a pair in there. What kind of fish are they compatable with? They are just great, you must be so proud!

Here's more on them......

Common Names:
Krib, Kribensis, Purple cichlid

Scientific Name:
Pelvicachromis pulcher

http://www.tropicalfishcentre.co.uk/kribensis.htm

A college roommate had Kirbs, and they are marvelous fish. His were very friendly and did well in his community tank, but as mentioned above some Kribs are more aggressive and all are territorial when breeding. Still, they're not really aggresive like bigger Cichlids.

They are quite intelligent and do really seem to strongly bond with their owner (of course my roommate claimed he was the pet and they were his owner! LOL).

When breeding, the female's color deepens and her belly seems to almost glow red. Its lovely, and Kribs tend to make great parents.

Thanks for the info! Would a pair be ok in a 55 gallon with a couple long finned zebra danios and some dwarf rainbows?

Thanks all and cappie yes a pr would do great in a 55g tank. But if it was me nd I wanted to see the ture sprit of the Krib parenting skills and see the wsome sight of them with there fry. I'd go with 2 males and 3 to 4 females. If that's to many for you to turly insure a vreeding pair is had, go with one mle two to 3 female. This will insure a spawn from them. IMO They are just awsome parents and it's one of the beautifulest sights in my tank to see the Mom and Dad swimming with the fry in tow under them. So 1 to 2 males and 2 to 3 even 4 femles LIke I have will keep you fry.

My water primes: PH 6.7
KH 250ppm
Gh 175ppm

This has worked perfect for them and this is there 6th fry, between 4 females in less then 2 1/2 months.

I just wanted to show a update on the fry's. There in the same tank so I'm not sure on whatch fry is whitch. LOL there only 11 to 12 days apart anyway. There right at 1 1/2 months old now and eatting anything and everything throwed at them. They love unsalted green beans str8 from the can.
I can drop two or three into the tank and by morning there gone.
ee0cb20f.jpg

ee0cb249.jpg

ee0cb22c.jpg

ee0cb1d5.jpg

Your not lost if your thanking this fry is to big for the fry in the top pictures. LOl the fry in the top picture is of fry #8 . the update is fromthe frist fry or secound I lost track. LOL anyway, there's another post on there frist fry. Where it shows Pimp with two females " Monday and Tuesday " I thank it's the kingpimp of kribs. LOL I couldn't find it so I just updated with this post. Sorry didn't mean to lose anyone.

Yeah I saw that, the Monday and Tuesday and Wednesday and Thursday and Tuesday had the Fry(day?) :p

Back
Top Bottom