Plants and green Severum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mcgolg76

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Cycling a 75g tank

Planned stock
Green Severum
Blue Acara
School of Columbian tetras

Not sure yet about bottom inhabitants

Reading that the severum likes to eat all plants.
Is there any severum safe plants for them. Any other decorating advice that won't cost much.
Experienced cichlid owners please chime in on how you plant your tanks.

Want plants. Just wondering if plants can be safe. Never owned any cichlid but a ram. Just trying to get input of whether I can plant a cichlid tank. Would rather get input instead of wasting money on plants that will become severum salad.

Well I've never owned a severum but when I was going through stocking ideas for my 75 the sev was said to be a plant destroyer. I've watched my acara trash plants before. Cupido cichlids are pretty cool. This guy wasn't to bad on the plants 20170627_171437.jpg20170302_185039.jpg

Not only do they enjoy eating them, they and the Acara, and most cichlids will dig them up and then they are left floating.. most cichlids like to dig and soft for food in the substrate or just her rid of pent up aggression..
Not saying they all will.. You may get a sevrum that disregards them all together and just ways the food you provide, but most will.. It is hard to give you advice on it as cichlids are so different to each individual.. same goes with aggression.. Sevrum can be noon aggressive to very depending on the individual and some can be very much predetorial and go after your Tetras which when bigger could eat the Columbian Tetras

Gonna just invest more in rocks and driftwood. Get a few plant clippings and see how it goes. Any pics people can show me of their cichlid tanks.

Back
Top Bottom