Plants for my 90g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Viccy

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have been so focused on setting up my 90g for Mbuna's I have given zero thought as to plants . I would like to ask what kind of plants I should get for my Mbuna's , I do like heavily planted tanks .

mbuna are mostly herbivorous so I am sure they would love whatever plants you would like to feed them. :flowers:

In all honestly, people have mixed success with planted tanks and mbuna. Sometimes they eat all the plants and other times they ignore them. They can also uproot plants if they are not firmly rooted.

Whatever you decide make sure your plants are compatible with the hard water that mbuna prefer. Java Fern and Anubias are the most common recommendations but I have seen some pretty elaborate planted tanks with mbuna that worked fine.

There is a degree of luck to it and you are probably better off putting the plants in before the fish.

Thank you Dalto , I use a lot of Anubis and java fern in my other tanks already , I suppose it makes sense to continue with the same plants . Thank you .

Back
Top Bottom