Please assist in sexing my blue rams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dalley

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Good Day,

I was wondering if anyone on this forum could give me an educated guess as to the sex of both of my blue rams? I have an inking, but I'll reserve my commentary in any potential follow-up conversation.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post!

Attachments

• IMG_3879.jpg
    IMG_3879.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_3880.jpg
    IMG_3880.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_3883.jpg
    IMG_3883.jpg
    222.2 KB · Views: 67
Both look female IMO. Check the big black spot, if it has blue in it then it is most likely a female.

2 females to me

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanked much to you all. You'll confirmed my suspicion.

Sad part of the equation is they both appear receptive to mating (ovipositor displaying on both) to the point that the dominant female is cleaning a stone and appears perfectly willing to give breeding a try with the submissive female if she would just be more agreeable. HA! I've read about females pairing up but have never witnessed such happening.

They both are in constant contact with each other to the point of preoccupation in a 75 gallon tank and appear happy with each other's company - only squabbling when the dinner bell rings. I'm debating introducing a male but I'm fearful the females are are already too established and since I only maintain one tank, any introductions of new blue rams might be too stressful for the whole lot with someone getting bullied.

Back
Top Bottom