Please Help - Fry Trap

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Karmachica

Aquarium Advice Regular
So after discovering 2 babies survived in my peacock tank, I was considering relocating them to a 1.5gallon or purchasing yet another 5g tank.

Instead we ended up making a DIY fry trap that floats at the top of the tank. We were able to catch the 2 babies and put them in it during our water change today.

Here's a pic of the 2 peacock babies, so cute lol they are about 1/2 inch long

image-2156000296.jpg

image-614214496.jpg

Now after its all said and done, the parents are circling the tub like sharks and I realize- while this would've been a good idea a few weeks ago, it's probably better for them to move to the 1.5 gallon right? My bf really doesn't want me to buy a new 5g tank for them, (I will do it anyway) so is the 1.5g a better idea right now vs the fry trap?-just until I can go ahead and get a 5g or 10g setup in a week or so?

The 1.5 will work fine for little while. I use a small breeder box for the fry then once they hit .25" or bigger I move them to a 2.5 gallon for a while depending on how many I have. The two of them should be just fine

Back
Top Bottom