Please help ID fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
looks like a Placidochromis Phenochilus Tanzania. Very beautiful fish when they get bigger. I have a group of 5 with the dominant male speckled like the attached link. This link will give you great information about your fish. I also have a male Placidochromis Hap Electra or Deep Water Hap and they are also awesome.

Cichlid Profiles

It's may be a Placidochromis however it's hard to tell 100% at this point. My Phenochilus had allot more blue on them at that size.

Hi Make Money,
Your fish looks like my juvie females. If you are ever close to the Windsor/Detroit Ambassador Bridge there is a Cichlid store near Windsor called Captain Cichlids. He has lots of nice cichlids including wild caughts.
I sent the link to my friend who breeds them and below is his response.

ralf.. my friend.. 100% pheno female.........

been breeding them for ages.... nice looking female actually

That's great I think you and your friend are right. That is what it is. My LFS said the same thing. So it has to be a placidochromis phenochilus female. Thanks for all your efforts.

Anytime....not sure if you are a Red Wings fan. Stevie Y. is one of my all time favourite players. I am glad Detroit is in the same division again as the Maple Leafs.

Take care

Anytime....not sure if you are a Red Wings fan. Stevie Y. is one of my all time favourite players. I am glad Detroit is in the same division again as the Maple Leafs.

Take care

Not really a sports fan at all but Yzerman is awesome :)

If you're near detroit, check out Fantastic Fins in Livonia, they have a fb page too. I can personally say it's one of the best fish stores in the state of michigan

Back
Top Bottom