please help me choose a dwarf cichlid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
im still leaning towards the caca two's

That is fair, I am just personally not as big of a fan of cacs.
N. Anomala are great little fish. I love them.
Frankly, I am a far bigger fan of various Laetacara than Apistogrammas, but hey, to each their own. A. borelli are gorgeous little buggers though. If I had tank space, I would find some. If I see ever see some locally, I will probably go ahead and make tank space. Because, you know, http://web.ornamentalfish.com.tw/upload/208.jpg

That is fair, I am just personally not as big of a fan of cacs.
N. Anomala are great little fish. I love them.
Frankly, I am a far bigger fan of various Laetacara than Apistogrammas, but hey, to each their own. A. borelli are gorgeous little buggers though. If I had tank space, I would find some. If I see ever see some locally, I will probably go ahead and make tank space. Because, you know, http://web.ornamentalfish.com.tw/upload/208.jpg

Geez abso, if you wernt a mod I'd really let you have it:D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You can fit more borellii into a 20 long and still have them get along fine.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It's all in how you feed them and just think, you have cac babies and if he gets borellii there could be a future trade for fish you guys don't have ;)

It's all in how you feed them and just think, you have cac babies and if he gets borellii there could be a future trade for fish you guys don't have ;)

No more babies atm, if anything I'll have ram babies first.
Doubtful at best though.

i do also have some empty tanks...a 46 bow, a 29, a 20 high, and a 10

i do also have some empty tanks...a 46 bow, a 29, a 20 high, and a 10

Empty tanks? Is that even a thing? You can get some set ups going and get a few of those fish! 20 highs are not the ideal tank size, but you can use for community fish pretty easily. 46 bow would be a great place for a dwarf cichlid based community. :)

I've seen it, it's horrible so I adopted them and filled them with water and fish.

Thank goodness you saved those tanks from a life of getting dusty and not holding water. They now have a purpose!! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Rofl this thread fell apart at the seams after the mention of a trio broken down by gender and fell into the rescue of abandoned tanks. Priceless

Sent from my VS980 4G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Rofl this thread fell apart at the seams after the mention of a trio broken down by gender and fell into the rescue of abandoned tanks. Priceless

Sent from my VS980 4G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It's ok a mod's involved lol.

some might say it came together at that point...definitely gonna get the 46 going. will try to refrain from any further michael jackson videos.

okay so i am buying a pair of dwarf cichlids for the 20 gallon long tomorrow evening. gonna look at both the cacatuoides and the borellis tomorrow and make my decision. girlfriend will be there, so she will get some say in it, as well.

will post pics of the new additions tomorrow evening.

Heres a possible choice..

Attachments

• 1412720417985.jpg
    1412720417985.jpg
    243.5 KB · Views: 81
  • 1412720426974.jpg
    1412720426974.jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 77
Back
Top Bottom