Please Help with my Texas Cichlids!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mike67

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I got lucky one day at an LFS.I picked out 2 texas cichlids.They just happened to get together and are now,a mated pair.Last month they laid some eggs.By accident,I disrupted their nest and they lost all of them!!After a while,they tried again.This time I don't want to disrupt their nest.I can see lots of really small fry in and around the nest.
I see both of the parents pick up the tiny fry in their mouths(as they get wafted out of the nest) and it looks like,they are putting them back in the nest.They have been doing this for days now.I'm worried that something will go wrong!!I could really use some help on what steps,I should take to ensure the fry,mature.
Thanks.Any help would be appreciated

Welcome to AA!
I'm not sure why your worried, they're being good parents. Just feed them crushed up flakes, bloodworms or brine shrimp.

Welcome to AA.

As CA Broncofan said, they're just being good parents. Our firemouths are doing this with this newest bunch (we stripped the first bunch from them) If they sense a threat they move them. If for some reason they don't like the current, they move them. Heck, the female moves them if she doesn't like the plant leaves being close.

Back
Top Bottom