pleco trouble

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

philtrups

Aquarium Advice Newbie
just found a half eaten cory in my community tank.Caught my pleco eating the antenna off a snail, which killed it. corys have been hiding since the pleco arrived. aalso have angels and platys in this tank.
In my ciclid tank, 2 of 3 clown loaches swim in erratic circles against back of the tank.has acei, yellow labs, and orange zebras, all juvenile.
Any help is appreciated.

Strange. Usually plecos are peaceful and won't attack other fish. The clowns in your cichlid tank are probably because of the Africans harassing them.

Last edited:
Malawi Freak said:
Strange. Usually plecos are peaceful and won't attack other fish. The clowns in your cichlid tank are probably because of the Africans harassing them.

The only fish i see plecos attack are goldfish... They tend to eat the slime coating right off them!

what type of pleco and if its to big it will latch on to other fish i had an 8 inch latch on to my oscars belly and killed it. as for the clown loaches they like to have a place to hide during the day . the cichlids do to also so the cichlids are probably chasing them out of there hididng spots and stressing them out, i would move them imo.

Back
Top Bottom