Polyester Filter Fiber!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Malawimaddness

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I added some pillow filter fiber into my filters and my water has never been so clear! And it's only been a few hours :)

Attachments

• image-795297033.jpg
    image-795297033.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 238
  • image-300850495.jpg
    image-300850495.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 188
  • image-2495026811.jpg
    image-2495026811.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 190
Awesome tank!!

I have a feeling it's going to get gunked up really quick though.

I love your 3d background... I haven't tried the polyfil yet but I've heard that it works great and you won't have to change it very often ...

Speaking of poly fill, I have some from Michaels, but when it gets wet, little fibers come off meaning they would go into the water, is that supposed to happen? Btw nice tank, what size?

Where do you guys put the polyfil?? should it be the last or first thing your water passes through in filter before returning to tank? Thanks, herd lots of good things about this stuff...can I really just use the pillow stuffing??

I personally like the roll of polyfil.. i cut it to fit... just make sure its 100% polyfil its in the fabric department at walmart ot any fabric store .. i paid $5.44 for 45x something

Where do you guys put the polyfil?? should it be the last or first thing your water passes through in filter before returning to tank? Thanks, herd lots of good things about this stuff...can I really just use the pillow stuffing??

I'd be I terraced in advice on this too! Malawi madness the tank looks ridiculously nice! I have poly fill but don't know where to put it in my 2 hob filters. A penguin 350 and aquaclear 70

I'd be I terraced in advice on this too! Malawi madness the tank looks ridiculously nice! I have poly fill but don't know where to put it in my 2 hob filters. A penguin 350 and aquaclear 70

Interested not TERRACED! Lol

Put it where the filter bad goes/ is. In one of my filters there is only polyfil. The other has a manufactured filter pad and polyfil in front

Put it where the filter bad goes/ is. In one of my filters there is only polyfil. The other has a manufactured filter pad and polyfil in front

Yeap .. i use only polyfil on 3 hob filters and then i have a canister filter with the bio balls.. (2 hob , canister on african cichlid tank) (1 hob on 20g)

When you use polyfil do you still use carbon??? Because I have heard that the carbon is about useless? I use carbon personally ..

Back
Top Bottom