poor blue acara

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bcashion

Aquarium Advice Newbie
i have a 2yr old blue acara in a 140litre tank he got an eye fungus which i was treating with a liquid medication and was doing 20% water changes every 3 days with the activated carbon taken out of my external filter as suggested to me by a sales person at our local pet store. unfortunately i couldnt save that eye. Now its on the other eye so i went back to the store and they gave me a stronger tablet form of antibiotic and i am also doing salt baths it doesnt look good 4 this eye either and im still persisting with treatment but not hopeful as the eye isnt looking intact! am confussed can you have a blind acara is it cruel and inhumane? should i put him out of his mysery?:puppydogeyes:

its kind of up to you whether you want to try and make it live a long healthy life or take it out of its blind misery. i would try dosing pimafix and melafix and do lots and lots of water changes, like 50% every day for a couple weeks and see if that helps any. Clean water is the best cure for any sickness in an aquarium, sometimes meds have to be used, but i prefer pimafix and melafix since theyre all natural and wont mess with the nitrifying bacteria causing another cycle. jmo... btw welcome to aa :)

Back
Top Bottom