Poor sunburst had his fins chewed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

peacockkeeper

Aquarium Advice Freak
So yesterday I removed my dominant ob out of my grow out/female tank and I have a couple juvenile sunburst in there. As soon as I removed him I quickly figured out both my sunburst were male as they started battling for dominance. To my surprise the smaller guy won and I thought it was settled for now. I checked them this morning and everything seemed fine but just got home from work and the poor guy had his fins chomped pretty bad.
I moved him to a quarantine tank and added stress coat just wondering if there is anything else I can do. I will probably do daily water changes as well. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395178140.426058.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395178159.573964.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395178168.690634.jpg

You won't need daily wc if it's just him unless the tank was not running before than I would use water from your 75g for wc

And he will be fine it will take about a week and he will recover

Cool thanks x I figured he would be alright had others get nipped before but he got chomped pretty good just want to get him healthy then find him a new home.

He is still pretty small just starting to show some color, once he colors up and gets a little size he is going in my 75g where he will be low on the totem pole. I should have some time and he will get an attitude adjustment once he gets in with the big dogs.

Mela-fix helps too. It's tea tree oil meant for Cichlid injuries. Found mine at PetSmart.

Back
Top Bottom