Pop eye

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok. Since its just one side, its likely that its from an injury. Putting salt in the water helps equalize the pressure. So, if you can qt him, then I suggest salting the tank (assuming there are no inverts).

Don't put too much salt in the water. Slowly acclimate salt throughout the period of a day so that you arent causing stress.

absolutangel04 said:
Ok. Since its just one side, its likely that its from an injury. Putting salt in the water helps equalize the pressure. So, if you can qt him, then I suggest salting the tank (assuming there are no inverts).

Cool thx all the stuff I have read leads me to think injury

Yep. In general, pop eye on one side can often just mean an injury. If all your water params are good, thats what I suspect in this case.
Do you have a test kit to measure your water params?

absolutangel04 said:
Yep. In general, pop eye on one side can often just mean an injury. If all your water params are good, thats what I suspect in this case.
Do you have a test kit to measure your water params?

I shore have,that was the first thing I bought,ph 7.2 ammo 0 nitrite 0 nitrate 0 test it every to weeks.tank has been up for 6mths now.

What kind of test kit is it? Just curious because a tank thats been set up for 6 months really should have some nitrates in it.

absolutangel04 said:
What kind of test kit is it? Just curious because a tank thats been set up for 6 months really should have some nitrates in it.

API master test kit,sorry missed the 1 nitrates r 10

Ok. That makes more sense. :) Glad to hear your parameters are good. That also points to an injury being the issue. Keep on eye on it for any whiteness or anything that could indicate a parasite. In the meantime, the salt treatment should help the fish feel better. :)

Back
Top Bottom