Possible bloat victim? & sexing help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ronnieroach

Aquarium Advice FINatic
hey folks,

i was trying to read through threads about bloat but its easier to just ask

is stringy poop a sign of bloat? my bumblebee seems a little puffy & has stringy poop

i'm not 100% on the sex anymore so i was going to rehome anyway (for my f:m ratio) but if its sick i'll just QT it until it passes

i tried venting & THOUGHT it was a female but when it darkens up, i'm just not sure.. it stays yellow but the stripes get thicker & the midsection almost forms a horizontal line out of the stripes.. arent males supposed to get super dark like that or is it they change to black-ish completly?

any and all help is appreciated!!

thanks homies :)

Attachments

• image-1756768214.jpg
    image-1756768214.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 76
Could be bloat...But I know you feed nls only so its not too likely. Is he eating? Yes clear or white stringy poo is a sign of bloat. You should run metro if hes not eating, or gets more swollen.

yes to eating & i do feed nls but i'm also mixing it up w/ the hikari.. once a day nls, once a day hikari.

my venustus was eating everything so i think i've been overfeeding a bit this week. food is never left over, its probably just more than i should be giving

i guess it'll be easier to leave him in for now lol

my first reaction to it was female but thats me, looking at the roundness of face/fins. also, the colour thing u mentioned? males and females darken when they age xx

Back
Top Bottom