Possible tank mate mistake?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

knobcreek

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, I'm new to fishkeeping and after reading some stuff online I'm a bit concerned about how compatible my fish will be when they grow up... They get along great now and I've had them for about a month now. Heres what I have in a 55 gallon-

1 jack dempsey
1 convict
1 red peacock
1 red jewel
1 blue crayfish
1 blue ram

What do you guys think?

You should consider picking an area first and sticking with it....

Jacks and convicts are Americans. Your peacock and jewel are African. That alone is a red flag for compatibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

The ram and the cray are food. The peacock will be stressed to death. As jmatts said you are stocked from all over the world. The only 2 that may be OK in the long run is the JD and the con. If you want one of the others to work with, the rest need to go
And then work from there with your stock. The jewel is west African river and may work but I'm not sure on that one. I have heard of people keeping them with sa/ca's
Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hi, I'm new to fishkeeping and after reading some stuff online I'm a bit concerned about how compatible my fish will be when they grow up... They get along great now and I've had them for about a month now. Heres what I have in a 55 gallon-

1 jack dempsey
1 convict
1 red peacock
1 red jewel
1 blue crayfish
1 blue ram

What do you guys think?

Your blue ram will be destroyed first

Rockyofhockey _/.\_

To help you decide: if you want lots of fish go with Africans. If you want a 2 nice big ones keep your Americans.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom