Possible Water Issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RegiMac

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all, need some help. Yesterday I added a large piece of driftwood to the tank that I have been soaking for a month. It finally had soaked enough water to not float. Now the African cichlids (13) are at the top of the tank grabbing air. However, we also have two catfish and two plecos that are acting normal. HELP? The tank is 75 gallons. We did a 25 gallon water change today, added prime. Also tested the water before the water change and ammonia, nitrites, and nitrates are all fine. What can we do? Everything was fine, until this morning. Only thing that changed was the addition of the tree. I did not put it back in the tank after the water change.

Potentially a change in pH? I dont know why it would effect the cichlids so greatly... did the wood effect the water of whatever it has been soaking in?

I don’t know either. It soaked for a month, so it hadn’t released any color or anything into the water. When I tested everything was fine. I’m gonna add an air stone to help, but this has me baffled.

Back
Top Bottom