Post swap update.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheCommunityCichlid

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well I made it over to the GCCA swap. Which was around 50 miles from me so not to bad. Overall I was kinda disappointed..... Don't get me wrong lots of beautiful fish there but if you weren't looking for haps or peacocks this wasn't your show. There was a lot of live bearers as well. Another thing that disappointed me was almost everything was sold in large groups. Unless you were will to drop $60 on a group this also cut your choices down. I had three apistogramma cacatuoides females waiting to replace the two I lost when I moved. And that was about it for apistogramma. There was two tables with apistogramma cacatuoides and one that had again groups of apistogramma. But who wants 15 baenschi? I was planning on picking up another species but there was nothing. :( Then the throughout the 2 hours I was there I picked up some Africans also. I picked up three male peacocks, one eureka red, one Caroline swallowtail jake, and one lwanda. Also picked up a group of four Compressiceps "sunset" since I lost my calvus in my move as well. Overall not the greatest show ever but not bad. Oh one last complaint way to small of a space. It was like those Asian pool pictures. They reall should find a different venue to use.

And I forgot pictures....

My male apistogramma cacatuoides showing off already..
image-3508013198.jpg

Lwanda
image-2355907792.jpg

Compressiceps

image-81289834.jpg

Swallowtail

image-2117740485.jpg
Eureka red.

image-3450691290.jpg

Yea lots of selection as long as you want Africans

Unfortunately, that's how most auctions and swap meets are these days, everyone wants bright colors so the new worlds typically get pushed aside. Plus, it's easier to breed mouth brooders, as you can artificially raise them much more easily

Back
Top Bottom