powerhead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gman42

Aquarium Advice Addict
i am looking for a powerhead for my african cichlid tank. the tank is a 40 gallon breeder. i am wanting to get some more water flow, but not too much. i am going to buy the powerhead at petco so some of the options would be koralia, oceanic, and aqeuon. its only a 3ft tank so i was wanting to know what would be the righ size power head for a tank this size. thanks. heres a pic of the tank

oceanic makes a powerhead for nano aquariums, its rated at 250gph
and koralia makes a nano powerhead rated at 240. the koralia is a couple bucks more so im not sure which one im going to get, but do you think that this would be a good addition to my tank?

You don't necessarily need one that small, that was the minimum GPH I would recommend. They are a great addition to most Malawi setups due to the amount of rockwork that generally used which creates dead spots. They're great for blowing waste from those dead spots towards the filter or a corner collection point.

okay thanks, im going to pick up a ph tommarrow. i may get one a bit larger than 240, or 250gph.

i cant wait to get mine. ill post some pics once i get it.

i decided on the aqueon 500. it is really small, and i like the look, heres a couple pics. ill get a couple of it in the tank once i get it set up.

ill take some pics of it tommarrow. the fish seem pretty curious, and its surprisingly quiet. when i switch to saltwater i guess it will help if i have a powerhead.

this app wont let me comment on my thread, it keeps saying error. but mine is place like yours, but it is angles upwords a little. it moves my fake plants around a bit, but my java ferns arnt moved so im pretty satisfied on its placement for now.

gman42 said:
this app wont let me comment on my thread, it keeps saying error. but mine is place like yours, but it is angles upwords a little. it moves my fake plants around a bit, but my java ferns arnt moved so im pretty satisfied on its placement for now.

Sounds good to me!

:)

yeah, its really cool. i thought it was going to make my water cloudy, but its actually making my tank clearer. im glad i got the larger one, the 250 gph one would been way too small. the fish seem to like it to. it really blends in with my black background. ive bought a heater, light, powerhead, and filter from aqueon. im really impressed with their products. when i go to saltwater ill prob get a 55, and get a lil it more high dollar powerheads like koralia( cant spell it).

Back
Top Bottom