Predatory fish for 240 litres/64 gallons

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cichlidthinker

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was wondering what is the biggest predatory fish(single) that would fit nicely with MAYBE some catfish in a tank like this :

http://www.juwel-aquarium.co.uk/out/pictures/master/product/gallery/zoom/5/03320.jpg

But what is the biggest predatory PAIR that would fit nicely?

Another thought ,If i were too choose say 5 cichlids in this tank ( the bigger the better ) which cichlid combination would you recommend?

What canister filter would you recommend for this tank ?

Thanks all in advance !

Ok what about some big cichlids? Not necessery(sorry bad english) that they are aggresive but the bigger the better :)

That mouth on that pike doe

Are you the one who keeps pike or was that one of the members that is gone now?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Aquarium Advice mobile app

That's 5x5, haven't seen him in a long time

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Green terror
Convict
Firemouth
Severum
Jack dempsey
Salvini
Juwel
Frontosa

These are all the cichlids i can think of that i really like , and i know these arent all compatible but maybe you guys could help me find a good stocking list with these

Ding ding ding ding That's who I was thinking of. Darn another one gone that I wish wasn't.

Yep he kept the pike cichlids, great guy. I'll be getting some Belonesox once I cant get a constant source of live food because they can't be trained on to pellets.

If you can source them there's also Alloophorus robustus. Which is another carnivorous livebearer that gets 6" +.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422479233.540061.jpg

Green terror
Convict
Firemouth
Severum
Jack dempsey
Salvini
Juwel
Frontosa

These are all the cichlids i can think of that i really like , and i know these arent all compatible but maybe you guys could help me find a good stocking list with these

Tank is too small for the frontosa so remove that one, Pick one from the list that is a must have then we can go from there.

You may be able to get away with 1 gold saum (Green terror) and 2 severums. If I'm reading the tank size right the foot print is the same as a US 75 Gallon. Then maybe a small school of dither fish. You would have to keep up on water changes and depending on the temperament of the saum keep a close eye on him also. How ever with the 3 you may need to upgrade later to keep the water quality in check. I have never owned a saum but the severums are one of my favorite milder fish.

Any chance on having other cichlids instead if dither fish (but please tell me what dither fish you recommend) , and if you would swap the other severum for another fish of the same size maybe what could it be ? I like to have only 1 of each :)

Back
Top Bottom