Prices

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cichlids are an entire family of animal- as in a family within the order perciformes. There are hundreds of species.

Why?

Last edited:
Cichlids are an entire family of animal- as in a family within the order perciformes. There are hundreds of species.

Why?

Just wondering, I always see them for around $20s at my LFS and I thought they seem pretty cool and I basically have zero knowledge on them

Some more common cichlids can gof or as little as $8-10.00 each; some show specimens or more rare species can go for 100s of $$. What group of cichlids are you most interested in? Overall, I would say that Central and South American cichlids are probably the lowest priced.

Some more common cichlids can gof or as little as $8-10.00 each; some show specimens or more rare species can go for 100s of $$. What group of cichlids are you most interested in? Overall, I would say that Central and South American cichlids are probably the lowest priced.

No clue, like I said I know nothing realistically about cichlids and was just trying to find some information about them, thank you!

I find mixed African cichlids for 5 bucks at Petco and petsmart all the time. They're juveniles and so they're not sexed and super tiny 1/2 inch to 3/4 an inch at most usually. Mostly common mbuna such as yellow labs, aratus, socolofi, kenyi, bumblebee, and a few others I can't think of right now. Hope this answers ur question.

I bought my two convicts for $3 a piece. They were a struggle at first with how aggressive they were but love em now that I got the tank settled down.

I find mixed African cichlids for 5 bucks at Petco and petsmart all the time. They're juveniles and so they're not sexed and super tiny 1/2 inch to 3/4 an inch at most usually. Mostly common mbuna such as yellow labs, aratus, socolofi, kenyi, bumblebee, and a few others I can't think of right now. Hope this answers ur question.

Thank you!

Craigslist people can't give their oscars, convicts or labs away where I'm located lol. It really depends on what you want. I think I paid 5 bucks for my keyhole but petco was the only place around here that carried them

Sent from my SM-G930T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Craigslist people can't give their oscars, convicts or labs away where I'm located lol. It really depends on what you want. I think I paid 5 bucks for my keyhole but petco was the only place around here that carried them

Sent from my SM-G930T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

What about online shops I've sees oscars that were 5-7 bucks. But then you have to pay shipping so it levels out

Back
Top Bottom