pro algae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TankBoss

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Anybody here promoting algae? I have been for a while now and I'm very pleased with the result. My Mbuna all love to eat it and I love the natural look of it on my rocks and wood. I sure am glad it works for me because "controlling" was a big pain.

In part, I have to agree with you, if for no other reason it makes the tank look like a more natural setting. I have a great looking piece of DW that's starting to grow algae in all the right places and really like the look of it. After all, in nature not everything is polished and algae free.

My only hold out is how can I keep the stuff from constantly covering the front glass? I was thinking tear-offs like they use on NASCAR windshields lol.

Mr. Limpet said:
In part, I have to agree with you, if for no other reason it makes the tank look like a more natural setting. I have a great looking piece of DW that's starting to grow algae in all the right places and really like the look of it. After all, in nature not everything is polished and algae free.

My only hold out is how can I keep the stuff from constantly covering the front glass? I was thinking tear-offs like they use on NASCAR windshields lol.

LOL. I use a magnetic cleaner daily, which allows me to go longer, but eventually, I have to take everything out and scrub the glass with an algae scraping pad. It's a pain but attempting to "control" algae felt like twice as much work just to end up with algae anyway.

Back
Top Bottom