Pro Balance 10 day vacation feeder - need help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HeatherA78

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello,

I put a Pro Balanace 10 day vacation feeder in my 29 gallon tank. When I got back, the water was orange! I have removed the remaining feeder and changed the filter in my pump. Short of changing the water, is there anything that I can do or do i just need to let it run it's cycle? I have 2 parrot fish in the tank and that's it. The water is really nasty.

Thanks for any help!

That's what I was afraid of, thanks! How often should I change without stressing the fish, I just moved them from another tank to this one and they're still a little skiddish, I don't want to stress them even more. Anything I can do to make this as stress free as possible?

They need to get used to it anyway IMO. Frequent water changes are key to keeping water quality where it needs to be, which actually prevents stress in the long run.

severum mama said:
They need to get used to it anyway IMO. Frequent water changes are key to keeping water quality where it needs to be, which actually prevents stress in the long run.

+1 I do 50% water changes every week and that's a lot when you have 143 gallons,but well worth it.The fish are used to it and my water is always tip top.

Back
Top Bottom