Proud to say this tank is complete. :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cichlid.Keeper

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello everyone,

This tank has been 5 months in the making and I feel is finally complete.
It's a 70 gallon with Texas holey and lava rock, driftwood, small shells and sand. There is also a fake green plant in the back center that's around 3 feet long.
Inhabitants:
Parrot cichlid
Gold Severum
Pleco
2 fire mouths
Geophagus heckelli
And more to come :) !
Add ideas I'm ready to listen for additions to the tank.
I just fed them so the water quality is not to clear at the moment.
Thanks!

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1405047497.952689.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1405047553.707368.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1405047578.061398.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Also to add on most of the fish are hiding right now cause it was late, but they are all usually active swimming through the rock formation, which is siliconed together.

While that's not my area of expertise (new world) maybe a Salvini?

I wouldn't add anything more to be honest. Heckelli get quite large.

Also, a red texas isn't a real species, another hybrid with a highly variable personality.

A salvini at sexual maturation will tear into a blood parrot which lacks anyway to defend itself (they can't fully close their mouths, thus no defense system)

I wouldn't add anything more to be honest. Heckelli get quite large.

Also, a red texas isn't a real species, another hybrid with a highly variable personality.

A salvini at sexual maturation will tear into a blood parrot which lacks anyway to defend itself (they can't fully close their mouths, thus no defense system)

There you go, lol

Sorry, not to spike down all your suggestions lol

No it's fine, I opened with admitting new worlds are not my area, I just picked ones that would look cool with that mix.

I say he should risk it and get a Salvini lol.

No it's fine, I opened with admitting new worlds are not my area, I just picked ones that would look cool with that mix.

I say he should risk it and get a Salvini lol. But I have little regard for blood parrots. Mutant of a Cichlid. No offense.

Lol thanks guys. A Texas would be too aggressive. I was thinking more along the lines of maybe a few more firemouths or different types of geos. Or maybe a sxhool of something else like silver dollars.

Unfortunately I wouldn't. 70 gallons for most geos is a bit tough to be honest, and it seems like you already have quite a bit

Also A. Heckelii will be beat by any aggressive cichlid. They really need perfect water quality and do not tolerate stress very well. I had 3 with a severum in a 75 and anytime the trAtes went above 20 they seemed to get sick. Awesome fish thoe one of my favorites. also not a real geo.

Are you thinking like a school of dither fish?

For the school, anything that won't be killed and is attractive.

I probably wouldn't put anything else in there either. Parrot fish are beautiful and they get huge. That one already looks like he is border line too big. I'm not an expert and maybe totally wrong.

Yeah your more than full right now. I would hold off on adding anything else until you want to upgrade someday. What are your tank dimensions? That tank looks short to me, like 3 feet maybe... or that blood parrot is just huge.

Back
Top Bottom